A leading Lloyd’s Syndicate is looking for a Senior Finance Project Manager to work within the Technology department to lead several key projects, including financial and business planning systems implementations, regulatory projects and a Treasury project. Working closely with the Head of Change, this is the perfect opportunity for a hands on Project Manager to step into a more senior role with increased responsibilities.
Background in commercial/general insurance a must.
- End to End project management responsibility for shaping and delivering multi-workstream projects/programmes
- Project scope, planning, budgeting, forecasting and resourcing
- Accountability and ownership for the project(s) budget
- Accountability for managing the project(s) within the defined scope and ensuring impacts of changes to scope are managed through effective change control
- Accountability for ensuring implementation in line with the defined Change Policy
- Working with relevant IT teams, to ensure the project delivery is aligned to the strategic systems architecture and security protocols
- Responsible for resourcing projects appropriately in line with budgetary constraints.
- Ensuring that the project impacts are understood and effectively managed for all key areas of the business, such as Actuarial, IS, Operations, UW, Claims, Finance & HR
- Be an ambassador for the change function within the business
- Responsible for ensuring the appropriate governance and controls are in place to assist and support the successful delivery of the project and managing operational risk
- Produce all project documentation in line with Change Policy
- Input into RFPs and supplier selection where applicable
- Steering Group and Workshop facilitation, reporting and presentation
- Understanding and applying Agile delivery methodology appropriately
- Prior experience working on Finance System implementations, eg Peoplesoft, SAP, Workday, etc.
- Proven Project Management track record of successful delivery on high profile/strategic projects
- Significant experience of Business Transformation and Change Management projects
- Business case developments
- Proven track record of implementing third party applications
- Significant experience of reporting to Committee and Senior Stakeholders
- Proven track record of managing budgets