A large multinational Insurance company are recruiting for an interim MI Manager to lead the ongoing development and enhancement of the Syndicate Data Warehouse in line with group policy and Syndicate requirements. You will be Responsible for data governance, data lineage and data validations driving a mantra of “one version of the truth” – establish and operate appropriate controls and reconciliations to ensure data integrity.
- Act as Business Lead and Subject Matter Expert for Data and Reporting
- Manage internal and external resource to ensure that departmental goals are achieved in order to support the Business Strategic Objectives
- Development of the MI team towards a completely proactive provider of MI
- Be responsible for gathering requirements for reports or data extracts, develop and agree specifications with the business community, develop reports, test and roll out to the end user. Retain responsibility for the production and delivery of these going forward
- Undertake ad-hoc reporting on behalf of the business community, responding to urgent data/reporting needs effectively
- Develop, implement and embed validation checks for data entry, based on business rules in line with solvency II and business requirements
- Lead the ongoing implementation and development of the data governance policy and manage the data in line with Solvency IIrequirements, Manage the prioritisation and development of new reports or new data extracts, ensuring the business has a transparent view of progress and delivery timescales
- Responsible for the sign off of the business and technical requirements of MI projects
- Responsible for all aspects of the data warehousing landscape and data movements, including solution design for new and existing requirements. Work with the business
- Ensuring testing and documentation is completed in accordance with company procedures for all new releases as required
- Record and regularly report on data/reporting issues. Manage the analysis of data/reporting issues, engaging with other teams, understanding and resolving issues at the root cause
- Enhance efficiency within the organisation by consolidating reports into consistent structures, control the potential for proliferation of multiple but similar reports and introduce automation for report production where appropriate.
- Manage the month end close process
- Own and maintain data mapping tables
As the Head of the team additional responsibilities include:
- Measure the MI team’s performance, support levels and adherence to service level agreements with the business community.
- Ensure and evidence adherence to departmental procedures.
- Liaison with the corporate parent teams and internal IT support teams.
- Articulate objectives, priorities and standards to the team, including participation in the annual appraisal process.
- Effectively plan, delegate, prioritise and monitor tasks.
- Support staff development and mentoring.