Data Warehouse Operations Manager | Lloyd’s of London | ETL Development | Permanent – up to £95,000 per year | London – City
An American Insurance company with offices across the globe is implementing a Global Data Warehouse and needs an experienced data warehouse operations manager to look after the companies in UK/Europe as well as an element of International, to interface with the technology teams in the US and to lead the technology team in the UK.
- Management and oversight of the already created ETL between multiple source systems and the Data Warehouse.
- Lead the UK team (onshore and offshore) that supports the data warehouse – includes task scheduling but also challenging where appropriately on the solutions delivered to ensure reusability and technical accuracy
- Management and delivery of the month end process for the in-scope companies (gross and ceded)
- Process improve and continual improvement (automation where possible) of the month end close/snapshot process, which includes inception to date loads as well as incremental loads
- Onboarding of new companies into the data warehouse and resolving issues that come up
- Overseeing the offshore delivery unit to ensure consistent productivity and that they meet the needs of the business
- Work with our US colleagues on standardization and cross functional deliveries to improve both the US and UK teams
- Using Jira to track issues, raise new ones where needed and report on progress
- Agree and implement SLA’s for data/ETL issue resolution with the companies and the Data Warehouse team as a whole
- Role includes an element of ETL for augmentation when required so a high level of expertise with SSIS and other ETL tools is expected
- Implement best practice – code management, testing, reporting.Use technology to make the role/function more effective as the workload will only increase with phase 2
- Working with the data stewards within the companies to help them resolve the business data issues and to take ownership of the issues that require a technical resolution
- Ongoing status reporting on a regular basis is key
- Management of the above with structured methodology, documentation and process
- You will need strong hands-on experience in designing and working with a DW, as well as identifying key BI metrics and developing appropriate reporting solutions.
- Core – demonstrable experience of insurance and running a DW in an insurance company
- 8+ years’ experience creating and implementing data warehousing and Business Intelligence platforms and maintaining same
- Experience with BI tools (MS Dynamics, IBM Cognos or similar) is required
- Excellent MS SQL skills (including T-SQL, SSRS, SSAS and server management)
- Ability to identify KPIs and key metrics and deliver the information to decision makers in a meaningful format
- Experience with data integration from multiple different systems
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people
- Logistics experience a plus
- Oracle experience a plus
- Kimbal vs. Inmon
- BI tools (Power BI, Tableau, OBIEE)
- Star Schema designs and Tools
- OLAP tools – SSAS, Essbase, etc.
- Data history Vs currency – history helps with analytics based on data changes
- Data aggregation from multiple disparate sources, including unstructured data