The London Market Syndicate of a leading global insurance firm are looking for a Business Intelligence Developer to play a key role in an application transformation programme. As BI Developer you will provide the business community with data and reporting, in order to manage, oversee and govern the business; be responsible for data governance, data lineage, data validations and the data dictionary driving a mantra of one version of the truth – establish and operate appropriate controls and reconciliations to ensure data integrity.
- Develop and maintain SSRS reports, SSAS cubes and Power BI dashboards
- Develop and maintain SSIS ETL packages
- Ad-hoc SQL for analysis and investigation
- Stored Procedures for reporting and ETL.
- Full development lifecycle – system test, peer review, assist with UAT and roll out to the end user. Comply with and contribute to the standardisation of reporting in terms of format, definitions and specifications.
- Awareness of best coding practices for performance tuning, scalability and ease of maintenance.
- Support the development of the warehouse to include new data sources and functionality using SQL, SSIS and SSAS.
- Gather requirements for reports or data extracts and agree business specifications with the business community and the dedicated project team.
- Liaise with the MI Team Leader and other team colleagues to peer review the proposed solution to ensure that it fits suitably within the current architectural framework.
- Prioritise and communicate development to ensure that the business has a transparent view of priorities, progress and timescales.
- Develop technical specifications for reports, including aligning specifications to the data dictionary.
- Analyse and understand the impacts on the new replacement Syndicate Data Warehouse currently in development.
NB You must have underwriting knowledge and experience of working in the London Insurance Market. If not, you will not be eligible for this role.