The Technology Officer is responsible for the overall Technology Landscape, as well as all the ‘run’ activity within the department – this encompasses all Software and Hardware services and support. In addition, you will be responsible for the core technology strategies of these platforms and the enhancement of ‘run’ capability (including small change). You will manage the Technology Office and provide guiding principles for any or all of the technologies and projects within the area.
- Responsible and accountable for all aspect of ‘Run’ Technology operations, including service management, Applications Development and maintenance, BI Maintenance and stack development, network and infrastructure.
- Oversight of Architecture Function and owns the overall vision for the Technology Landscape
- Manage IT run Budget
- Manage the 3 major technology areas and their leaders. (Technology Services, Solutions Delivery, Architecture)
- The TO is also part of the SMT for IS and so must also work collaboratively with other SMT members to drive the IT strategy and the Business strategy
- Responsible for Ownership of IT Disaster Recovery and contribute towards BCP
- Build and run Security Architecture and ensure adherence to Security Standards and Policies
- Responsible for managing and directing BAU projects with emphasis on process and system design, providing direction and communication to the team
- Key member of the Technical Design Authority with leading role in shaping the core architecture of the department
- At least 15 years in I.T. supporting core technology operations in either infrastructure or applications, over at least 2 different companies, providing support to over 200 staff
- Experience in dealing with multiple suppliers
- Large scale program/project management experience and delivery of projects within tight timeline parameters with emerging technologies Cloud, Voice/Video oIP, Virtualization etc.
- Experienced with all aspects of IT Application and Technology services, Infrastructure & Data Center operations, including Service Desk, Licensing, Desktop , Client support, LAN/WAN, Telecom, UNIX, Wintel, SAN & Storage technologies.
- Capable of building high performance teams
- Ability to manage insource/outsource model
- Knowledge of security trends and the ability to build robust Security Architecture
- Experienced with Disaster Recovery designs and Business Continuity
- Experienced at vendor, outsource service provider management and contract negoti