A leading and pioneering Commercial Insurance Software/InsurTech provider (Digital, AI, IoT etc) is looking for a Business Development Manager to be responsible for leading, managing and closing large Insurance software deals and managing a portfolio of existing clients. The Business Development Manager will be dedicated to Insurance Product offerings within General and London Market (Re) Insurance target customers for UK and Overseas.
- Join a highly rewarding sales position in a vertically focused technology company.
- To contribute significantly as the company focuses and prepares for growth
Background (company & division overview)
A global technology solutions organisation, with a footprint that spans Europe, North America, Asia and Australia has been enabling corporations across the world to achieve their business goals, using technology as the tool, for over two decades. Having positioned themselves as a navigator and partner, guiding customers in their quest for state-of-the-art technology solutions. The two key values driving business practices are Innovation and Trust, which have helped build many enduring relationships with clients.
- Sales of existing insurance software products including a Policy Administration System, Data Analytics tool, Aggregation tool and new Digital Microservices products including IoT
- Find, create and close new business opportunities with new clients (predominately from impressive existing pipeline and marketing initiatives)
- Working with the proposition team as well as other disciplines within the organisation including delivery, legal and marketing
- New business sales activities and programmes to select accounts where good relationships exist
- Identify areas and opportunities within the customer organisation that can benefit from cross-selling of products and services and close such opportunities
- Build relationships at all levels within the customer organisations
- Keep customer aware of developments in portfolio of services and products
- Expand footprint within the client
- Sound knowledge of the Sales process for IP (B2B Software Products) and for related Technology Services
- Relevant sales & domain experience in Insurance Software
- Successful track record of hunting and closing multi-year deals encompassing software with technology and business services
- Business Development experience of at least 5 years in the technology industry
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are pre-requisites
- At least 5 years’ experience of creating and completing legal contracts
- Excellent negotiation skills
- A team player who also has the individual drive to succeed