Lloyd’s of London insurance | Permanent – up to £80,000
A Lloyd’s syndicate is looking for a Business Data Analyst to assist in the delivery of the company’s Data Strategy by documenting data at rest and in motion across all business systems. The role reports into and supports the Data Architect.
The Business Data Analyst is accountable for the quality and timeliness of their deliverables, assisting other team members and keeping the Data Architect informed of pertinent information.
- Document & diagram business, application and technology views of data in motion and its dependencies across systems and manual processes to understand how and where data flows through the business. Including data entering and leaving the business
- Document & diagram business, application and technology views of data at rest within the company’s systems and EUC applications to understand the data that exists across the business
- Identify the implicit Data Producers, Consumers, Owners and Stewards across the Business
- Build up a business glossary (ie Data Dictionary) defining the business terms used throughout the company and how they are defined and differ in terms of the data in the source systems
- Presenting ideas for improvements that will align the Data Architecture to agreed Data Principles
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing Data principals including: Security and Access, Common Vocabulary, Data Stewardship, Data consumption and Data duplication
- Work with the Architecture and project teams to achieve the To-Be Data Architecture
- Assist developers to identify the correct source and target of data that is reported on and generated
- Understand the existing reporting suite, including financial and regulatory, and assist the business with BAU changes
- Business analysis experience with a data bias, including a knowledge of business mapping and modelling processes as well as the inherent strengths and weaknesses of business analysis methods and implementation approaches
- Experience of building and maintaining: Data Dictionaries, Data Models (Conceptual, Logical and Physical), Data Flows
- Experience of Reporting and Data Visualisation tools (specifically PowerBI and SSRS) and other OLAP technologies.
- Knowledge of Data Management tools or platforms (eg Business Glossary, Data Quality, Data Cleansing etc)
- Knowledge of the Lloyd’s Market (and the US Admitted market), its regulatory requirements and the impact this may have on proposed solutions or business changes
- Good understanding of systems and applications of the Insurance Underwriting and Reinsurance industry within the Lloyd’s Market eg PAS, Claims, Exposure Management systems etc.
- Experience of some of the following:
- Back Office underwriting systems, in particular Subscribe S2000 (NITL)
- Claims management systems
- Bordereau systems, in particular Watertrace BDX
- Exposure management systems
- Enterprise or Financial Data Warehouses